Pages

Friday, December 16, 2022

Yesterday I Suffered A Fall In The Bathroom

      Yesterday I wrote an Op-Ed on loneliness. It came back to haunt me yesterday. William Holden is one of my most beloved actors of all time. In 1981 when he was 63 years of age, he had a fall in his Santa Monica condominium. He was knocked unconscious. He was bleeding due to a head wound. He died before help arrived. His life should not have ended like that. He had a long-term domestic partnership with the actress Stephanie Powers. It broke up before the accident. Had Stephanie been there with him, she would have called 911. His life would have been saved.

       Yesterday afternoon I suffered a fall in the bathroom. I was knocked unconscious and had a bleeding head injury. Elena came back from doing her volunteer work. My body was blocking the closed bathroom door. She had to force open the door. She found me unconscious. Elena weighs 130 lbs. and I weigh 217 lbs. She revived me and got me to bed. She administered first aid. She drove me to the Kaiser emergency room in South San Francisco where I got excellent medical care. Had I been alone I might have ended up like William Holden.

 

No comments: