Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Part Of My Life Taken From Me

My friends I had an Omega Speedmaster watch from 1972 until 1992. It was stolen by a policeman in South Africa. I never got around to replacing it. Almost 20 years later I found a used Omega Speedmaster at Topper Jewelers in Burlingame. I bought it at a reasonable price. Once my check cleared the watch was sent to me by UPS. I waited for it to be delivered Friday afternoon 15 July. It never showed up and I was disappointed. When it did not show up on Monday I contacted the store. I was shocked to find that the watch had been delivered to the house Friday and someone with the initials "JB: had signed for it. Fortunately the jeweler insured the shipment. Now there is a big UPS investigation and the driver will get into trouble. Someone was very cruel and stold part of my life from me. It really hurts. Elena is also deeply upset by the whole incident.


No comments: