Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rape On Christian Mingle.com


Rape On Christian Mingle.com
 Almost 13 years ago Elena and I were living 7,000 miles apart. She was in Buenos Aires and I was in San Jose, California. We both were lonely and alone. We both were recovering from relationships that failed and left us broken hearted. For some unknown reason Elena posted a picture of her in Swaziland (near South Africa) on kiss.com along with her profile. She then forgot about it. A couple of months later I was looking at some profiles on kiss.com. All of a sudden I saw this picture of a very attractive woman standing at a spot in Swaziland that I knew well because I had lived in Africa for six years. I read Elena's profile. It all looked great until she said that she was looking for a man within 50 miles of Buenos Aires. I was 7,000 miles away. But something told me not to give up.
I contacted Elena through the dating service. We started to chat every night for 3 hours on MSN Messenger. My boss would not give me time off to go and see her. I finally arranged for Elena to come to San Francisco Airport. We met and the first time I kissed her I knew that she was the woman who I had been waiting for a long time.
Some three months later Elena moved out of Buenos Aires. She got on the plane with me and went to Mexico City. We had our honey moon before we had our wedding. We got married about a month after Elena came to live with me in San Jose. We have been together over 12 years and still love each other dearly.
Currently over 20% of the marriages that take place are a result of meetings on the internet.
Not every one has happy experiences with internet dating. Christian Mingle is a wonderful service for devout Christians seeking a partner in life with Christian views and values. I'm sure that the vast majority of the people who use the website are decent and sincere. One man wasn't. A female member met a man who seemed nice and wonderful. She invited him right to her house for the first date. He violently raped her.
My friends the lesson here is that when you meet a new person, please meet them at a coffee shop or some other very public place.

No comments: