Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Incredibly Complex US Tax System

My dear friends I always go to work early each year to do income taxes. I feel that it is important to get this out of the way quickly. This year I spent close to 100 hours getting my return filed and Elena's returns ready for a final review by the accountants. I have some 45 years of experience with taxes. It can be bewildering even for me. I send Elena's taxes to a very competent accountant to double check everything that I have done. The moral of this story is that Congress needs to simplify the tax system. I feel sorry for the poor people who have to work at the IRS. I doubt if many of them understand this complex machine. My friends we need to make taxes simple! I'm sure that most of you out there find the system bewildering!

No comments: