Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Think Of Others

Long ago I was in a job interview with a potential female boss. Without warning she threw a pencil at me and said to me: "Sell this to me right now!" I gave a pitch and she told me that I was a great salesman. Ironically the character in the Wolf of Wall Street also used this tactic in job interviews.

A week or so ago I was challenged to come up with one phrase that was the most important in my life. Without much thought I came up with the words "think of others." I'm a firm believer in this one.

I'm a collector of books from Africa. A book came that described decades in the life of a British family living in what used to be called Rhodesia. It was a great addition to my collection. But I sent it to a dear friend whose family lived through those decades in Rhodesia. I was sure that it would mean a lot to her.

No comments: