Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Some Hard Labor On A Saturday Morning

The storm caused a large tree branch to crash on our garage. It menaced our Comcast line and AT&T phone line. I considered hiring a tree surgeon to make the repairs. I knew that I was looking at an expensive bill and a 2-3 week wait to get it done. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I went to Lowe's and bought a special power saw with extenders. I pulled out my ladder and went up on the garage roof. I started cutting branches and limbs. (Please do not attempt something like this at your home unless you have experience in the construction industry. I have seen people get serious injuries doing this work professionally.) I was able to cut off most of the dangerous tree material. One small area right at the top was left hanging and will eventually fall. It will cause no damage. Then I had to move a big pile of tree limbs to the driveway and cut them up with the saw for compost and pick up by our landscape crew. I was physically exhausted afterwards but proud of what I had done.

No comments: