Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2022

A Mystery Concerning Our Tesla Model X Solved After 18 Months!

     I have been in the middle of a mystery for 18 months. Elena and I took delivery of our Tesla Model X. No front license plate holder was provided to mount the front license plate. I took note that the streamlined aerodynamic front part of the car would have been disrupted by a front license plate. I assumed that Tesla had approached California authorities. They had obtained an exemption from the State of California regulation requiring the display of the front license plate.

    We drove the car all around the Bay Area, Southern California, the central coast, and places like Sacramento. We were passed by probably over 100 state, county, and local law enforcement vehicles. We were never pulled over by any officer due to the lack of the front license plate.

      A couple of weeks ago, Elena and I took the dogs to Half Moon Bay for a walk in the lagoon near the ocean. When we got back to the car, we found a parking ticket on the car windshield. I was shocked to see that we had been cited for not displaying our front license plate. The fine was $30 US.

     I was angry! I wrote a 4-page appeal to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department asking for a court hearing on the ground that we were being subject to selective (arbitrary) enforcement of regulations.

     Elena went in-depth and came to the conclusion that there were no exceptions to this rule about displaying the front license plate. I came to agree with her. I did a lot of research work. I found out some fascinating facts from other owners of the Tesla Model X. Some owners had installed the traditional front license plate cover. This license plate holder had disrupted their navigation and autopilot systems.

     I became sure that Tesla was aware of this. Surely, they had contacted the State of California and went to work on developing an innovative license plate holder to correct the problem. I could find no evidence of this happening.

     With the help of Amazon, I found an inventor who had come up with an innovative front license plate holder for the Tesla Model X. I purchased it and will install it this morning. 

No comments: