Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Does Love At First Sight Exist?

      As many of you know, Elena and I met online on August 1, 2000. Elena had a relationship that did not work out. She put her profile on Kiss.com. She promptly forgot the profile. At the same time. I had suffered a painful breakup. I went online and stumbled onto Elena's profile. Everything looked great until I saw the last sentence of her profile with the words:

        "I am looking for a man within 50 miles of Buenos Aires."

       I was sitting 7,000 miles away in San Jose, California. I decided to take a giant chance. Elena and I started to chat daily for hours online. We talked on the phone. We exchanged all sorts of pictures. Elena was able to fly to San Francisco to meet in person in October of 2000. I met her after she got off the plane. I found Elena to be attractive. I thought that she looked like an Italian and not a South American woman. We left the terminal to walk to the parking lot to get my car. We kissed the first time. It was all over for me. I knew that after 18 years of being single I had found the person that I was going to be with for the rest of my life.

     My theory is that when the right person comes along, you know it immediately. Elena disagrees with me. Yesterday I saw a picture that really touched my heart.

I cannot publish the picture here. Here is a link that you can follow:

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/aiiaiiiyo/687398184219181056?source=share

           The Woodstock rock festival took place in August of 1969. A young man and woman met at the festival. They both knew that they had found the right person to go through life with. The picture showed them together 50+ years later. They were still happy and in love! Does love at first sight exist? I have an answer of a definite yes! Is it wild and irrational emotions and chemicals? I think not. It is a conscious realization that one has encountered that special person to go through life with.

No comments: