Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Some Thoughts On Memorial Day 2012

On March 17,1967 I was still a high school student. I went to the US Navy Reserve training center and enlisted in the US Navy Reserve. I took the oath to protect and defend the constitution. I was not sure that Vietnam was a just war. But I knew that I owed my country service. I learned a lot in the US Navy and I met some really great people. I also got wounded. To all of you who served thank you very much. To the families of those lost and badly mentally and physically injured I give you a big hug!! I give a special thanks to the author Steven Coonts, He's a former US Navy pilot and a great author. I also give a special thanks to Dakota Meyers. He was just awarded the Medal of Honor by President Obama. In the middle of a hopeless battle when the whole military bureaucracy failed him, adrenalin kicked in. He fought off 150 Talibans to save four trapped men. "No greater love hath any man or woman) than to sacrifice themselves to save others." Happy Memorial Day!"

No comments: