Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

50 Years Ago I Graduated From Ross S. Sterling High School In Houston, Texas

In a couple of days it'll be the 50-year anniversary of my graduation from Ross S. Sterling High School. My grandmother told me once: "Son don't let the grass grow under your feet." She meant that it was important to go out and see the world. Through some lucky breaks I've been able to live on six of the seven continents. I've had some rich experiences and some close calls with death. I have lived through some incredible moments in history including getting to vote in South Africa's first all-race election.. I've been blessed to live a life and have prosperity like few people have had. What has 50 years taught me?
1) No one takes care of you but you.
2) Those closest to you will cause you the most heart break and pain.
3) Never trust any politician anywhere in the world.
4) If you’re stupid you die.
5) Never get caught without money. Don’t leave your money in just one financial institution. It could fail.
6) Your health is so important; take care of it. Eat a good diet, Get regular exercise. Listen to your doctor.
7) Be thankful for each day that you’re given.
8) Be thankful for your loved ones including your animals.
9) The day you become an old person is the day that your mind closes to new ideas and possibilities.

No comments: