Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

On Being A Problem Solver

If you asked me to describe myself in a short phrase, it could be as follows: "A problem solver." I love to take things that are not working right and fix them. I did a lot of that work yesterday. Elena became concerned about the fees on her 401(K) from her place of employment. I did a careful analysis. Much to my pleasant surprise, most of the funds in her account charged zero fees. I did find three funds with poor performance and high fees. I moved her out of these funds. Then I looked at a problem from the electric company PG&E. Our monthly bill literally had gone up 50% or more. This was quite concerning considering the fact that we had spent a lot of money during the recent remodel to make the house more energy efficient. I looked at consumption and billing. Consumption of electricity and gas had dropped. We are now on an energy averaging monthly bill. The increase was due to an accounting matter and not increased consumption. Monday I will go back to a pay as you go monthly bill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3
very good trip.


Em,here ,I am glad to share a website with you that sale cheap football jerseys .maybe you are interested in them.

cheap jersey store:www.2013upjerseys.com