Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Take The Time To Write A Will!!!

After work last night, Elena went with me to sign her will and have it witnessed by two next-door neighbors. It is probably the first time in Elena's life that she has a legal will. My mother and father both died without leaving a will. This made life "hell on earth" for my dear sister and I. We ended up sitting in court for years and seeing big legal bills eat away at the estate. In most states (including California) it is simple to write a will. You can print a form off the internet or even write one by hand. You just need 2-3 witnesses to your signature. You do not even have to pay for a notary or a lawyer. To those you love, one of the nicest ways to say: "I love you" is to leave them with a will. It is also a wonderful way to make sure that your pets are taken care of after you pass to the next life.

No comments: