Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Verdict In The George Zimmerman Case

I felt sad when I saw the verdict in the George Zimmerman case. I shall speak now as one who attended law school but did not graduate. In almost any legal jurisdiction in the world, if someone shoots an unarmed person, even if that person is a policeman or soldier, the person doing the shooting is in serious trouble. A conviction for manslaughter often follows and one is sent away to jail for some time. I honestly felt that Zimmerman was guilty of terrible bad judgment and such a verdict was warranted.

I feel that the way Florida wrote its definition of self defense tied the hands of the jury and left them with no option but to find Zimmerman not guilty.

This sad case where everyone including the taxpayers of the state of Florida lost "big time."

My father had some words of wisdom that apply here as follows: "Son a gun will get you into more trouble than it will ever get you out of."

No comments: