Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

My 15 Month Notebook Comes To An End

The day ends and I solved a few problems. I also had some moments to reflect. I always keep a little notebook at my side. I write in it by hand and it's never made public. This notebook stretches from my 64th birthday on October 23, 2012 to today. It has a lot of my thoughts, ideas and "what ifs." How did I summarize the last 15 months. I came up with a few high points. But the notebook ended on a sad note. I feel that as time goes on things get worse and worse not just for the poor but also for the average middle class working man or woman in the USA and around the world. The gap between the rich and the poor continues to widen. It was a sad conclusion to reach on a dark and a rainy day. Elena agreed with my conclusion and pointed out in passing that the gross inequalities between the rich and the poor in 1920's Germany led to the rise of the Nazi Party.

No comments: