Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The 100,000 Homes Project

Homelessness is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I caught the latest 60 Minutes episode and my heart was touched and I got very excited. A group of non profit organizations have come up with the 100,000 homes projects. Some 100,000 fortunate homeless people all over the US will be taken off the street and put in furnished apartments. It is not a gift or a give away program. Rather hard headed officials came to the conclusion that it was cheaper for we taxpayers to keep these people in apartments than to leave them on the streets. It saves a bundle of money on health care costs and the like. Thanks to Rebecca S. Darr, Inn Visions, and the Catholic Church, I got my furnished apartment almost 15 years ago. I was no longer homeless. It was wonderful!!!

No comments: