Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Life Riding A Bicycle

From 1996 to 1999 I was so poor that I could not afford a car that worked. I spent my life riding a bicycle all over the place. I was so poor that I lived most of the time in a homeless shelter.

Elena has a dear and valiant friend. She is a single mother raising two sons in poverty. She is too poor to afford a car and rides around on a bike.

Here is a letter of admiration that I wrote to her in Spanish:

Querida Patricia:
    Veo que montas en bicicleta, todo el tiempo. De 1996 a 1999 yo estaba tan mal que yo monté una bicicleta todo el tiempo también. Para una gran parte de ese tiempo yo era tan pobre que no podía pagar el alquiler en esta zona. Yo dormía en las calles o vivido en centros de acogida para personas muy pobres.
    Usted hace un trabajo increíble con los limitados recursos que tiene. Usted está criando a dos hijos maravillosos. Usted tiene mucho de que estar orgulloso.

Con cordiales saludos

No comments: