Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

Let's Get Real About The Danger Of Your Home Or Apartment Being Looted By Wild Mobs Or Criminal Gangs During The Coruna Virus Outbreak!

Let's Get Real About The Danger Of Your Home Or Apartment Being Looted by Wild Mobs Or Criminal Gangs
I'm the man who wrote the article questioning City Arms being opened and the need for a gun to protect your house. Let us get something straight. I'm not a leftist. If you come to my home, I will show you the Purple Heart that I won in Vietnam in 1971 when I was hit by shrapnel from a North Vietnamese artillery piece. I support the second amendment and the right of responsible gun owners to own a gun. I have some unique experience that most people around here do not have. I lived 7 years in military dictatorships in Peru and Brasil in the 1970's, My wife is from Argentina. She spent 7 years in the bloody Argentine military dictatorship. We both know about social unrest and cities falling into anarchy with looting, etc. What I see right now with coronavirus scares me. Let us look at Italy. The California of Italy, North Italy, has been hit by coronavirus in a big way. You have this affluent area with great industries, well-educated people and great medical care literally falling apart., Two disturbing points about this situation. The first is that if you get infected what happens to you is totally arbitrary. You might be in bed a few days in discomfort as you would be with the flu. You might find yourself in a hospital ICU on a ventilator. You might fall into unconsciousness and die. In Northern Italy the fatality rate for for those infected is 8%. Many people are predicting that California could find themselves in this situation in 8-10 days. They may have a point. Argentina suffered a total collapse of society in late 2001. Unemployment shot up to 25% (This was the unemployment rate in the US during the Great Depression.). There were two or three presidents in a couple of weeks. My wife and I had left. Her family lived through the anarchy and violence. Looting took two forms. You had genuinely hungry and desperate people who would attack food stores, gas stations, and pharmacies trying to get the necessities of life. You had criminal gangs who organized looters to attack department stores, jewelry stores, appliance shops and the warehouses that held these luxury goods. I heards of no cases where homes or condos were attacked by looters. Here is a short history for you t read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2001_riots_in_Argentina I came from the Gulf Coast region of Texas. We were hit by many fierce hurricanes. Looting only took place after homes were abandoned. In my opinion what we all need is to have a decent supply of food, water, medicines and other necessities of life in our homes. We do not need to be getting prepared for an armed onslaught when all order breaks down.

No comments: